June 6, 2020

I've Never Seen Anything Like It ~ Black Lives Matter Protests

It's 2020. In all my 62 years on Earth, I've never seen anything like the global pandemic Covid-19. On top of that and truly breathtaking, I've never seen so many people, all around the world, unite in protest (during this pandemic when we should be social distancing) for "Black Lives Matter" demonstrations. The last straw was the murder of George Floyd by a police officer who did not change his 'knee-on-neck' position, when Mr. Floyd cried out "I can't breathe" for nearly 9 minutes; ... until he died. People of color have unfairly lost their lives to police brutality before, many times. The United States judicial system and law enforcement is polluted with racism. The police who kill civilians generally don't get convicted. However, this horrific scene was caught on camera. The world saw it with their own eyes. Protests arose across cities in the United States. The world stood together on this important issue. We witnessed protests erupting in Denmark, New Zealand, Argentina, Ireland, Ghana, Gambia, Kenya, South Africa, Israel, Canada, Nigeria, Iran, Jamaica, Guam, Latvia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Belgium, Armenia, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Mexico, Qatar, United Kingdom, Australia, France, Poland, India, Norway, South Korea, Pakistan, Lithuania, Italy, Greece, Iceland, the Netherlands, Japan, Syria, Columbia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Puerto Rico, Slovenia, Spain, Virgin Islands, Hawaii, etc. Like I said, I've never seen anything like it! I'm against all injustice, systemic racism, and police-brutality. I stand against "white supremacy". I also stand against "human supremacy" over other species. My life's stance is nonviolence, with all my heart and actions. I will always stand with the unfairly oppressed.

Partake of some of the poignant protest signs, and large crowds, from coast to coast, and the world over:






























































 ~~~~~
I'm drafting legislation to reform laws that govern police misconduct, require police to report use of force data, create a national police misconduct registry, ban racial and religious profiling, and end choke-holds and no-knock warrants. Our outrage must lead to real change. ~~ The peaceful protesters in the streets right now are showing, once again, that the power of the people is greater than the people in power. ~
Senator Cory Booker
 

I am EXCELLENCE and GREATNESS. Look not upon the color of my skin but the content of my character. ~ Torre Washington; vegan bodybuilder

To me, veganism is a way of living that rejects animal use in all its different forms. ~ Brenda Sanders; Executive Director of Better Health, Better Life, a public health organization in Baltimore, MD.

“All social inequities are linked. Comprehensive systemic change will happen only if we are aware of these connections and work to bring an end to all inequalities—not just our favorites or the ones that most directly affect our part of the universe. No one is on the sidelines; by our actions or inaction, by our caring or our indifference, we are either part of the problem or part of the solution.” 
Dr. Amie Breeze Harper, Sistah Vegan - senior research analyst/strategist for Critical Diversity Solutions



P.S. Police brutality is a serious issue in the U.S. and it is not only towards people of color. Check out this horrific behavior of police that has seriously harmed a 75 year old "peace activist" in Buffalo. 





1 comment:

Jackquline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.