July 1, 2016

The Emblem; A Poem to End Hunting




The Emblem

I'm not blind to the world animals live in.
Their reality is intertwined with my own.
Therefore I would not know where to begin
to describe the cruelty animals are shown.

Humans have become deaf to creatures cries,
We've become numb to the feeling of love.
One sight entirely exemplifies 
the lack of empathy that I speak of.

Tied to a truck for obvious display,
was a beautiful buck; lifeless and cold. 
His disfigured head quickly turned my eyes away
I'm left with an indelible image to hold.

The buck will serve as an emblem for all time.
I must have witnessed this sight for a reason.
The emblem will forever tell of the crime
that permeates the air in hunting season.

The gentle are persecuted by killers
and live a life that is never free of fear. 
Respect and Justice are our soul’s pillars.
Let’s rise up and put an end to the hunting of deer.

by Butterflies; long term vegan ~ animal rights advocate

No comments: