October 4, 2014

36th Veganniversary, 57th birthday, and farewell message; going on HIGHatus



Now that I'm gaining years, the best thing about birthdays is that it is also my veganniversary; and in that way, I love gaining years! Last year on my 35th veganniversary, I hosted a public celebration. This year, I'm celebrating 36 years of commitment to veganism in quiet solitude. I am taking this day to say: so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye, adios, shalom, ciao, sayonara, au revoir, arrivederci, namaste, aloha, hasta la vista - till we meet again. I'm taking a breather from facebooking and blogging for an extended time period. I'm on HIGHatus.

I'm intending to grow a large veganiclly-grown flower and food garden - in memory of Kisses; I want to think of her in an "alive" way - so I want to create an ecosystem that is alive and beautiful - commemorated to her memory. It will be close to the house for everyone to enjoy during the day; as a lovely break from what we do each day to build our vegan-first-and-foremost, eco-friendly-off-the-grid property, "life-as-it-should-be-is-the-goal" sort of world that is named Shangri-la; a vegan educational center and community in northland, New Zealand and powered by the volunteers of Gentle World and many global visitors and helpers. 

I leave you with some links: some of my most popular, helpful, or favorite blog posts:

Veganism; Inventing the New Normal

Vegan Signs of the Times - 175+ photo collage

150 Captivating Photos: The Faces and Feelings of Animal Life

All Kinds of Vegan Weddings

Vegan ARTivism

What Every Vegan needs to know to optimize their diet

200 Photo Collage: A Message to Humanity

100 Vegan-Eating Dogs

Dogs - Vegan

Vegan Dog Food Marketed Products

Are Vegans Making History?

A Compilation of Long Term Vegans

The Vegan Body Care Guide

Am I vegan? Clearly defining who IS and IS NOT vegan

A response to 60 typical comments/questions vegans hear from nonvegans

Exploring the truth of Vitamin B12 and Vegans

40 Vegan Foods and their scientifically proven health benefits

Vegan Cleaning Products

Fascinating Facts about Animals

Worldwide Vegan Activism

Plant-powered Professionals; Plant-based or vegan doctors, nutritionists, vets...

Vegans; since birth

125 vegan-owned vegan businesses

Veganism and Feminism

140 Vegan Businesses Around the World

The ABC's of animal-derived ingredients 

Why should we have the Legal Right to do Wrong?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and refer to it often. As a vegan I feel like your blog is my support group..it has helped me in many ways...thanks for all your hard work and I hope all your dreams come true with future projects.

SusanEst said...

You will be missed, my beautiful friend. I wish you every blessing. You always deserve all the very best in life. Thanks for inspiring us all!!! xoxoxo <3

Lorraine Haines said...

I'll miss you, Butterflies. Wishing you love and hope.
I hope we meet one day. xxxx